Many people think they know the difference between a hotel and a restaurant. But it can be surprising to see signboards of an eating joint on the road claiming to be a hotel in India and some countries in Africa.
So, what is the difference between hotel and restaurant? The former is an establishment that provides accommodation, whereas the latter provides food and drink. Sometimes a restaurant can be found inside a hotel.
Both hotels and restaurants are business entities that serve the different needs of their customers. This article provides an explanation of the differences and similarities between these business places.
Difference between Hotel and Restaurant with Table
|It is an establishment that provides accommodation.
|It is a business place where food and drinks are served to customers.
|Hotels contain restaurants
|Restaurants are part of hotels.
|Serve food and drinks
|Vary in terms of size, amenities, and price.
|Vary according to menu style, preparation, serving method, and price
|Ensuite bathrooms, swimming pool, lounge, bar, conference rooms, and room service.
|Washrooms, parking, lounge, and play area for kids.
|Basic rooms to expensive ones.
|Basic to expensive food and drinks
|Provide meals as part of room service.
|Serve and eaten inside or takeaway and delivery services
|Accommodation and dining services
|Only dining services
|Contain 50-200 rooms with parking lots, staircases, and a lift.
|One or two-storied indoor complexes.
What Is a Hotel?
A hotel is an establishment that provides accommodation for short period. The hotel type and size will determine its facilities.
Small hotels have basic beds and storage for clothing, while luxury hotels have ensuite bathrooms, swimming pools, room services, and child care.
Types of hotels are upscale luxury, full-service, boutique, motels, and inns. These hotels serve people with different needs.
What Is a Restaurant?
A restaurant is a place where customers are served food and drinks. Fresh food can be eaten inside or taken away since some restaurants offer takeaway and delivery services.
Most restaurants have inexpensive food, fast food, and beverages. But there are other expensive restaurants for customers seeking luxury accomplishment.
Restaurants are classified according to menu style, preparation, serving method, and food prices. The eating joint may have two or more personnel to serve the customers.
Main Difference between Hotel and Restaurant
- Hotels provide accommodation, while restaurants provide food and drinks.
- Hotels can contain restaurants, while restaurants can be part of hotels.
- Hotels vary according to size, amenities, and price; restaurants vary in menu style, preparation, and serving method.
- Hotels have superior amenities and facilities, whereas restaurants have basic facilities.
- Hotels range from basic to expensive ones, while restaurants range from basic to expensive foods and drinks.
Similarities between Hotel and Restaurant
- Readily available and accessible.
- Both serve food and drinks.
- Can be expensive or inexpensive
My Final Thoughts
A hotel is a place that offers accommodation and lodging services, whereas a restaurant only offers food and beverages to its customers. But these two places have close similarities despite having different features.
We hope this information will help you distinguish between a hotel and a restaurant. Feel free to share the article with your friends or family members. Besides that, share your experiences in the comment section.
People Who Read This Also Read:
- Difference between Bar and Pub
- Difference between Hotel and Motel
- Difference between Lodge and Guest House
- Difference between 2-Star and 3-Star Hotel
- Difference between 4-Star and 5-Star Hotel
- Difference between 5-Star and 7-Star Hotel