You might be looking to visit a certain city for short period, either for business or leisure purposes. A guest house or lodge can form an ideal place to seek accommodation during your visitation.
So, what is the difference between lodge and guest house? The former is where the owners don’t on the same premises, while the latter is where the owners live on the same premises but within separate areas of the property.
Understanding the differences between a guest house and a lodge will help choose a perfect environment for accommodation. We wrote this article to share the similarities and differences between a lodge and a guest house.
Differences between Lodge and Guest House with Table
|Meaning||A place that provides accommodation in exchange for payment.||Is a private house providing accommodation to paying guests|
|Owners||Don’t live on the same premises.||Live in the same premises but in separate areas.|
|Location||Rural or rustic places||Both urban and rural areas.|
|Guests||Nature and sports enthusiasts||Different types of guests|
What Is a Lodge?
It is a place that provides accommodation in exchange for payments. It is smaller than a hotel and situated in a remote area or mountains where people go for holiday.
Nature lovers and sports enthusiasts prefer lodges since they are situated in rustic or rural places. These types of guests usually spend several days in the lodges.
India and Sri Lanka refer to lodges as mini-hotels or motels. Most urban lodgings offer accommodation and some basic amenities.
What Is a Guest House?
It is a private place that offers accommodation to paying guests. These are inexpensive hotel-like lodgings for lodgers.
The owners usually live on the premise but in a separate area within the property. The family members are the staff and offer meals to their guests at a fee.
Guest houses are smaller than hotels since they have few facilities. The environment offers a homely and friendly experience to the guests.
Main Differences between Lodge and Guest House
- A lodge is a place that offers accommodation in exchange for payment, while a guest house is a private house that offers accommodation to paying guests.
- The lodge owners don’t live on the same premises whereas guest house owners live on the same premises but in separate areas on the property.
- Lodges are located in rustic or rural places, while lodges are located in both urban and rural places.
- Lodges are ideal for nature lovers and sports enthusiasts. While guest houses host different types of guests.
Similarities between Lodge and Guest House
- Both offer accommodation to paying guests
- Both are smaller than hotels and have few facilities
- Both are ideal for people staying for a short period
My Final Thoughts
Both lodges and guest houses provide accommodations for paying guests. Many people usually use these terms interchangeably though they are different.
The main difference between a lodge and a guest house is that the former is located in rural or rustic places whereas the latter is available in both urban and rural places.
We hope this article will help you understand the differences between guest houses and lodges. Feel free to share with your friends and let us know your experiences in the comment section.
People Who Read This Also Read:
- Difference between Full Board and Half Board
- Difference between Housekeeping and Room Service
- Difference between 2 Star and 3 Star Hotel
- Difference between 3-Star and 4-Star Hotel