What is the main difference between Jews and Christians? The former are followers of Judaism while the latter are the followers of Christianity. The details of these people’s belief comprise the difference between them.
There has been rivalry between Jews and Christians since World War II in form of Holocaust. The rivalry almost resulted in elimination of Jews from the face of world. But these people still believe in God and belong to the Abrahamic religion.
If you understand the difference between Judaism and Christianity, then it is easier to tell the difference between these two groups. We wrote this article to provide a clear explanation on the distinction between Jews and Christians for you.
Difference Between Jews and Christians With Table
|Followers of Judaism
|Followers of Christianity
|Place of Birth
|Believe in one God only and not Jesus.
|Believe in Holy Trinity and follow Jesus Christ teachings
|Torah and Tanakh
|Both Old and New Testament Bible.
|Original Language Spoken
|Greek, Latin, and Aramaic
|Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, Humanistic, Reconstructionist
|Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox
|Shabbath, Rosh HaShanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Simchat Torah, Chanukah, Tu BiShvat, Purim, Passover, Lag BaOmer, Shavout.
|Sunday (The Lord’s Day), Advent, Christmas, Lent, Holy Week, Easter, Pentecost
|Through good works, prayers and the grace of God.
|By grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
|Goal of Religion
|Jews focus on this life and making things right.
|Christians focus on an afterlife.
Who Are Jews?
Jews are a diverse ethnic and religious group with a rich history dating back over 3,000 years. They trace their roots to the ancient Israelites, who established a unique monotheistic belief system and cultural identity.
Jews can be found all over the world, with significant populations in Israel, the United States, Europe, and other regions. Judaism is their monotheistic religion, encompassing a wide range of beliefs, practices, and traditions.
Jews have faced various challenges, including persecution and diaspora. Despite this, they have made remarkable contributions to various fields such as science, arts, and philosophy, leaving a profound impact on global culture and society.
Who Are Christians?
Christians are followers of Christianity, a monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Believed to be the Son of God, Jesus was born in Bethlehem over 2,000 years ago.
The life and ministry of Jesus is documented in the New Testament of the Bible, form the foundation of Christian faith. Christians believe in the concept of salvation through Jesus’ death and resurrection.
Christianity is one of the world’s largest religions, with diverse traditions, practices, and beliefs. Christians worship in churches and participate in sacraments like baptism and communion, aiming to live according to Jesus’ teachings of love, compassion, and forgiveness.
Subscribe To My Channel
Main Difference Between Jews and Christians
- Jews are followers of Judaism while Christians are followers of Christianity
- Jews came from Israel while Christians from Jerusalem
- Abraham is founder of Judaism while Jesus Christ is the founder of Christianity
- Torah and Tanakh are the holy books of Jews while Old and New Testaments are Holy Books of Christians.
- Jews believe salvation is through good work, prayers, and grace of God while Christians believe salvation is through Jesus Christ and grace of God.
Similarities Between Jews and Christians
- Both Jews and Christians believe in one God.
- Both religions revere the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament).
- Both religions acknowledge and revere many of the same prophets.
- Both Judaism and Christianity emphasize ethical principles and moral values.
- Both religions recognize the concept of a covenant between God and His people.
- Both have regular prayer and communal gatherings.
- Both observe Passover and Easter holiday
Final Thoughts from Experts
The main difference between Jews and Christians is based on their belief and religion. Jews belief in one God and they follow Judaism. Besides that, they do not recognize Jesus Christ as an intermediary between humans and God.
Christian’s belief in one God and Jesus Christ teachings, life and resurrection. Jesus Christ is the founder of Christianity and many followers try to emulate His life. But both Jews and Christians observe similar holidays like Passover and Easter.
People Who Read This Also Read:
- Difference Between Judaism and Christianity
- Difference Between Islam and Christianity
- Difference Between Buddhism and Hinduism
- Difference Between Buddhism and Christianity
- Difference Between Catholic and Anglican