What is the difference between circle and sphere?
Both a circle and sphere are circular objects. These two objects tend to cause a lot of confusion among pupils in kindergarten.
The lesson provides the core difference between circle and sphere in tabular and point form for easier understanding.
What Is A Circle?
A circle is a plane and a round figure whose limit consists of equidistant points from a center. It is therefore said to be a two-dimensional figure and a plane.
Main Properties of A Circle
- The center is the point equidistant from the points on the circle
- Radius is the line from the center joining any point on the circle
- Diameter is a line that passes through the center and the endpoints lie on the circle.
- The circumference is the length of one circuit along the circle
- A chord is a line segment whose endpoints lie on the circle
- Tangent is a coplanar straight line that touches the circle at a single point
- Arc is any connected part of a circle
What Is A Sphere?
A sphere is a solid and round figure whose points on the surface is equidistant from the center. It is a three-dimension figure and it has a volume.
Main Properties of a Sphere
- The ratio of the distance of its points from two fixed points is constant.
- The contours and plane sections are circular
- It has constant width and girth
- Does not have a surface center
- The curvature is constant
- Has the greatest volume and smallest surface area
Comparison Chart: Circle Vs Sphere
|It is a plane and a round figure whose limit consists of equidistant points from a center.
|It is a solid and round figure whose points on the surface is equidistant from the center.
|πr2 for Area
|The area is 4πr2 and Volume is 4/3πr3
|What is it?
|Has a surface area only
|Has both surface area and volume
|Equation of a Circle = (x−a)2+(y−b)2= r2
|Equation of a Sphere = (x−h)2+(y−k)2+(z−l)2=r2
|2 π r
|2 π r
|Bangles and tires
|Tennis balls and planets
Core Difference between Circle and Sphere
- A circle is a round figure in a plane while the sphere is a round object in space.
- A circle is a 2D figure while a sphere is a 3D figure
- The area only is calculated from a circle while both area and volume on a sphere
- Examples of circles are bracelets and tires while for spheres are tennis balls and planets.
You May Also Like:
- Difference between 2D and 3D Shapes
- Difference between Length and Height
- Difference between Midget and Dwarf
Both a circle and sphere are perfect symmetry around their centers. the core difference between circle and sphere is the dimension where a circle is a two-dimension figure while a sphere is a three-dimensional object.
More Sources and References