Testosterone is both a primary sex hormone and an anabolic steroid. The hormone is present in mammals, reptiles, birds, and other vertebrates.
Testosterone is responsible for the development of male reproductive tissues and secondary sexual characteristics like muscles or pubic hairs. it also helps to prevent osteoporosis.
Testosterone therapy is crucial for bodybuilding. Many bodybuilders consider going for commercial testosterone shots to boost muscle development.
The main types of esterified testosterone variants are Test E and Test C which increase the half-life. These testosterone shots do not show a significant difference in terms of testosterone booster.
So, what is the main difference between Test E and Test C? The half-life of Test E is 10.5 days while the half-life of Test C is 12 days. All testosterone shots stay in the body for three weeks.
Another way of telling the difference is based on the number of carbon compounds. Research shows that Test E has 7-carbon compounds whereas Test C has 8-carbon compounds.
This article provides a detailed insight into the differences between Test E and Test C. Take the time to read through and get more information on these testosterone shots.
Comparison Table (Test E vs Test C)
It is a white crystalline ester of testosterone meant for treating androgen deficiency, andropause, oligospermia, eunuchize, and eunuchoidism.
It is an oil-soluble ester of androgen hormone testosterone meant for treating low testosterone levels in men.
An American product.
Delatestryl, Testro, Testoviron, Testostroval, Andro LA, Andropository, Depandro, Durathate, Everone.
ndro Cyp, Andronaq LA, Andronate, Dep Andro, Dep Test, Deposteron, Depostomead, Depotest, Depo-Testosterone.
100 to 600 mg per week for 10 to 12 weeks.
400 to 500 mg per week for 12 weeks.
Frequency of Injection
Has a 7-carbon ester.
Has an 8-carbon easter.
Low molecular weight.
Comparatively high molecular weight.
Amount of Testosterone per Gram
Relatively low amount.
Irritated injection sites.
What Is Test E?
Test E stands for Testosterone Enanthate. It is a common androgen hormone for treating low testosterone levels in men.
The testosterone product is sold under huge brands such as Delatestryl, Testro, Testoviron, and Testostroval. It is used as both an androgenic and anabolic steroid.
The testosterone steroid is useful for building muscles, erectile dysfunction, loss of muscle mass, depression, and gyno-based side effects like man boobs.
Test E is highly used by bodybuilders to speed up recovery and burning of fats. It also helps to increase male sexual characteristics.
Test E injection is allowed once or twice per week since it has a half-life of 10.5 days. Consult a profession before using Test E as a medication and bodybuilding purpose.
What Is Test C?
Test C stands for Testosterone Cypionate. It is esterified testosterone meant for treating hypogonadism brought about by low testosterone.
The testosterone product has a universal origin and ideal for beginners. The standard dosage is about 400 to 500 mg for a 12-week cycle.
Remember the Test C shot is take thrice per week since it has a half-life of 12 days. The chemical structure is what makes Test C different from Test E.
Individuals who have once used Test C need a standard dosage of 600 or 700 mg for a 12-week. The other anabolic compounds have 200mg.
Main Differences between Test E and Test C
- Test E has a half-life of approximately 11days while Test C has about 12days. This implies that test c tends to involve a few injection numbers when compared to test e.
- Test E is an abbreviation of Testosterone Enanthate while Test C is for Testosterone Cypionate.
- Test C is a steroid ester used to boost athletic performance while Test E for improving muscle strength and bodybuilding.
- Test E is a universal product while Test C an American product only. This is the reason why test e is quite popular as compared to test c.
- Test E causes skin irritation on the point of injection while Test C injection causes bloating in the user.
- Test E has a higher amount of testosterone steroids per gram while Test C has a low amount of testosterone steroids per gram.
- Test E is quite popular while Test C is less popular
- Test E has a lower molecular weight while Test C has a higher molecular weight
- Test E has a universal origin while Test C has American Origin
- Test E has 7 carbon ester while Test C has 8 carbon ester.
Similarities between Test E and Test C
- Both steroids are used in bodybuilding for increased muscle weight
- Both steroids are administered through injection
- Both Test C and Test E have some side effects
- Both increase nitrogen retention hence increase protein accumulation
- Both are administered based on some requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Quickly Does Test E Work?
Testosterone propionate ester produces a result within 2 weeks which is quite faster than testosterone enanthate and cypionate.
- Can I Inject Test E Once a Week?
Yes. It contains androgen and testosterone that occur naturally. So, if you are a bodybuilder, weight lifter, and powerlifter then it is advisable to inject at least once a week.
- How Many Tests Should I Take a Week?
A dosage of about 50–400 mg every 2–4 weeks. The injection should only be done by a professional doctor since it comes with side effects. The maximum dosage is 400 mg.
- Can You Mix Test Enanthate and Cypionate?
Test E and Test C have a similar effect on the muscles. Therefore, you can use them interchangeably but do not ever try to mix them. Mixing could result in severe side effects.
You May Also Like
- Difference between Male and Female Pelvis
- Difference between Male and Female Urethra
- Difference between Male and Female Reproductive System
I hope the issue of differences between Test E and Test C has been addressed well. These two ester steroids are used for enhancing performance as supplements.
The core difference between Test E and Test C is typically their half-life. It helps to determine the number of injections an individual is supposed to use in the long run.
Besides that, increase the amount of protein accumulation which fosters muscle weight gain and also has some side effects.
You should note that the side effects tend to differ but they are almost the same. Well, use the comment section below to share your experience. Good Luck.
More Sources and References
- Testosterone Propionate. Propionate Online
Testosterone Cypionate. Healthline
Testosterone Cypionate. Drug Bank