What is the difference between introvert and extrovert?
Most people know extroverts as talkative and outgoing while introverts are quiet and private. These two definitions are not enough to ascertain the personalities of these individuals.
The main difference between introvert and extrovert is that an introvert is a person who remains isolated, or enjoys the company of a few closed ones whereas an extrovert is an outgoing and outspoken person who enjoys being around and talking to people.
The article provides a comprehensive insight into the difference between introverts and extroverts with a comparison chart. Let’s find out:
What Is Introvert?
An introvert is an individual who is quiet and enjoys the company of very few close friends. They tend to be self-contained and they think before speaking anything.
The most interesting thing is that they spend their time alone and they have a deep concentration when alone.
Many people tend to believe that introverts are shy and anti-social but this not the case. They tend a lot of time before making friends with others.
What Is Extrovert?
An extrovert is an individual who is talkative and outgoing. This implies that they enjoy the company of many people.
These people tend to reason out things by speaking them out. The good news is that they normally accept change easily.
Besides that, they openly communicate about their things with other people freely. They spend most of their time with friends and family members.
Comparison Chart: Introvert Vs Extrovert
|Refers to individuals who are quite and private
|Refers to individuals who are talkative and outgoing
|Think before speaking out
|The reason while speaking out
|Through social interaction
|How they spend time
|With friends and family members
|With close and trusted friends
|With friends and family members
|For a long time alone
|Get easily distracted
|Do not change easily
|Tend to accept change easily
Main Difference between Introvert and Extrovert
- An introvert is an individual who is quite and private while extroverts are talkative and outgoing.
- Introverts are self-contained and reserved while extroverts are friendly and gregarious.
- Introverts tend to listen more and speak less while extroverts speak more and listen to less.
- Introverts get energy recharge from solitude while extroverts get energy recharge through social interaction.
- Introverts spend most of their time alone while extroverts mostly with family members and friends for rejuvenation.
- Introverts handle situation mentally while extroverts handle situation verbally
- Introverts open up to very few trusted friends while extroverts can open up easily to anyone.
- Introverts cannot adapt to changes easily while extroverts can adapt to change easily.
- Introverts can deeply concentrate on one thing while extrovert are easily distracted
- The main focus of introverts is inward while that of an extrovert is outward
Read More: Difference between Personality and Character
The core difference between introvert and extrovert is that introvert is an individual who is quiet and private while an extrovert is people who are talkative and outgoing. Introverts enjoy the company of a few trusted friends, unlike extroverts.
More Sources and References