What is the difference between award and reward?
A lot of people tend to assume that award and reward are similar words in meaning. But they are completely different.
The main difference between an award and a reward is that the former is a token given to an individual as a recognition of the achievement while the latter is an honor given to a person for the contribution made in a certain field.
The lesson provides detail insight into the difference between award and reward both in point and tabular form. Take the time to read through it.
What Is An Award?
An award refers to a token given to an individual as a recognition of the achievement. Also, it is an honour given to a person after achieving a certain status in their field.
An award can be in the form of a shield, a trophy, title, badge, medals and cash. The main aim is to boost morale among people.
What Is A Reward?
A reward is an honour given to a person for the contribution made in a certain field. Also, it can be a source of encouragement to the person who has made a contribution.
A reward is normally in the form of cash only. Organizations tend to give reward to individuals who have help in providing valid information about something in the department.
Comparison Chart: Award Vs Reward
|Scale||More grandiose||Less grandiose|
|Form||A statue, certificate, medal, title, badge, pin, cash, etc.||Cash, gift or self-fulfilment.|
|Audience||In front of an audience||Not in front of the audience|
|Receiver||Selected systematically||Not selected systematically|
|Formality||More formal and official situations||Less formal and official situations.|
|Process||People often compete for it||No competition|
|Decision-makers||A committee or jury||Nobody is involved|
Core Difference between Award and Reward
- An award is an honour given to a person after achieving something while a reward is an honour given to an individual for making a vital contribution in a particular field.
- An award is informed of a statue, certificate, medal, title, badge, pin, cash, etc while a reward is in the form of cash and gift.
- Nominations are done to every award but there are no nominations in reward.
- A committee is a form for a person to be awarded but there is no jury in reward
- People tend to compete for awards while no competition entails rewards
- Awards are given at a more formal and official situation unlike rewards
- Awards are given in front of an audience while rewards there is no audience involved.
- The award is more grandiose than a reward
- The main motive of the award is appreciation while the reward is for recognition
- Awards are granted for incredible work while the reward for excellent effort in contribution.
The two terms are typically used during appreciation for excellent work or contribution. But the difference between award and reward highlighted in the discussion help to shade light under which situations are used.
You May Also Like
- Inotropic Vs Chronotropic Vs Dromotropic
- Dicot Root Vs Monocot Root
- Test E vs Test C
- X-ray Vs MRI
- White Sperm Vs Clear Sperm